softmatter:Face Centered Cubic (FCC)
Face Centered Cubic is a type of close packed crystal lattice.
Three-dimensional, rotatable unit cell of the FCC lattice .
Nearest Neighbor Distances
Each atom in a FCC lattice has an equivalent nearest neighbor environment. In the simplest case of hard spheres of diameter σ arranged in a FCC lattice, each sphere has:
- 12 nearest neighbors at a distance of σ
- 6 second nearest neighbors at a distance of
- ? third nearest neighbors at a distance of
- 12 fourth nearest neighbors at a distance of 2σ
Radial Distribution Function
-  The Face-Centered Cubic (A1) Lattice from Crystal Lattice Structures web page created by the United States Naval Research Laboratory.